Friday, July 13, 2012

You guys aren't privy to all the new shit, so...

Hello and welcome to our Blog, AnythingGoogle! I'm Eric, and I'll be one of at least two of the main posters in this blog. We started this blog as a way to write down some of our ideas about Google and Google products. I'm a TC in a Google Groups forum, and I submit bugs all the time, but I wanted a place where I could rant talk about all of the various bugs and ideas I have for Google products. If I'm discussing it here on this blog, you can bet that I've already told it to Google and they may or may not have listened. Please don't tell me to submit a bug report. Even if I'm saying WTF, I'm not saying that anyone at Google is an idiot. I know that there is much more to the story behind the scenes than I can see: deadlines have to be made, coding is hard, lead engineers get sick or have babies, and the music/movie industry is essentially an evil empire. I''m not judging, I'm just wishing for better, and I can't abide another toe.

I was encouraged to do this blog by Dan, so if anyone needs to be blamed, it should be him. I could be considered a Google Fanboy by some, but I think that I'm actually pretty critical of their products. I'm not a fan of doing anything the hard way, so if something is wrong, then I'll be against it (or for fixing it). This blog might come across as bitching or whining sometimes, but that's not really my intent. Ideally, I would like to illustrate ideas and concepts so well and consistently that Google would see my unbiased nearly genius ideas and want to hire me as an efficiency engineer to do product testing for literally metric shit tons of money.

1 comment: